Akatzi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Acceped)Level 80 mage

2 posters

Go down

(Acceped)Level 80 mage Empty (Acceped)Level 80 mage

Post  Plompy Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:05 am

Name:
Wilmar de Hoogd

The Netherlands (Also known as Holland.)

Current occupation:
High school, if you look at the american system that is, not sure how you call it in british english 8(

Anything else you want us to know about yourself:
As shown above, I'm a 16 year old guy from holland, if you're wondering, I don't raid under influence, unless it's a special occasion (e.g. My birthday or occasions alike) I really only do hash, weed is kind of gross, but I only do that on party's and such, so no need to worry about raids, once again. 8 ) (Geez, you guys have a gay emoticon on Cool :<), anyways, I like going out, being social, and ofcourse WoW is entertainment to me too.

Character(s) information:

Name:
Plompy

Race:
Undead

Class:
Mage

Professions:
450 Mining, as a money maker, and 435 Tailoring, mostly leveled this for the mount, and a small help on the epixx to start raiding.

Current realm and guild history:
Playing on Ravencrest, so I'm not a crossrealm kind if guy, it's just not my kind of thing. 8(
Right now I'm in Techno Vikings, a guild AND community, couple of IRL friends and me started it, grown out to be one of the larger PvP guilds of this realm. I left them a couple of months ago to join Dawn of Infinity, a steady raiding guild that cleared ulduar10, toc10, totgc10 (Mad skill), and toc25, they did this in the first raiding week (apart from totgc10), started out as a raider, went up to Class Leader, and eventually to officer and planned raid leader. Sadly, the guild bled to death, trying to make a fresh start under the name of Vendetta. Apart from this, I was in Open Minded for a while to, where I met Toushè (Rulatoren).

Primary raiding spec:
Arcane, the rotation speaks more to me than FFB does, in my opinion FFB just wont cut it in high end, even though the mana management in Arcane is less viable, it's still very do'able.

Offspec, if any:
Not a locked specc, using a PvP frost specc right now, also use it for test builds, boost build and some just-to-fuck-around builds, if you will.

/played:
123 Days and 6 hours.

Armory:
It seems like URL's arent working...
Any additional information you wish to share about this character:
Well, apart from the fact that I've been a active PvE'er, I should not that starting from vanilla to about half way wotlk I was focussed on PvP, meaning I had to know the abouts of every class, little tricks, small dps boosters, stuff like that. Apart from that this undead used to be a gnome, I decided to faction change it as soon as the feature was on the market.

Any relevant information about your alts:
Well, I have a level 80 Death Knight, focussing on PvP, would like to raid on it, but I just really can't be arsed, also I have a 73 warlock and a 63 Hunter that I plan to level.

Tell us about your Guild and WoW history.
I've been playing the game since 2 weeks after the vanilla release, wich is a pretty long time ago, I've always played this mage, it's my little pearl. 8 ), had 2 major breaks, of about 6 months, both. This was because the game was just getting boring and monotome, no new features, etc.

Tell us about your raid experience.
Vanilla: I've done ZG, MC, and BWL (Onyxia oldskool to, ofcourse.)
TBC: Really slacked on PvE content here, since I was doing arena like a madman, I did everything leading up to SSC and TK.
Wotlk: Done Naxx, Ulduar half way, haven't done Mimiron, Vezax and Yogg-Saron, mainly cause the guild was to lazy to do ulduar, and only wanted to do easy modes, like toc10 and 25.

The hardest encounter you have beaten is?
Pfft, I honestly have no idea, any encounter could be hard, if you bring a bad raid/raid combination, so I really can't tell

What is the most useless and most useful talent or skill your class has and why?
My guess would be Evocation, it allows me to go all out, burn my mana like hell, and yet not get oom to quickly, this in combination with cooldown reducing talents, and mana gems.

Any important addons you use for raiding?
DBM, OmniCC shine and Omen. (I personally hate having a shitload of addons, it ruins my view.)

Link a screenshot of your UI, preferably in a raid environment:
(It seems like URL Link isn't working, so I'll just embed the image. Wich, so it seems doesn't show fully, wich is weird, anyways I could always whisper a good link.)
(Acceped)Level 80 mage Plompy
As seen, I keybinded every skill I use in combat, that excludes the four lines above Arcane Power (V) that's my buffbar, it vanishes as soon as I enter combat.

We raid Wednesday- Thursday- Sunday and Tuesday 20:30-24:00 server time. We need to know if you can make every raid. If not, please specify:
I think that should be no problem, if it will be a problem with my work schedule, I would ofcourse not mind being booted out of the guild, I understand that progress is what you desire, if I stand in the way of that, it's my problem, not yours.
EDIT: I forgot to mention, my dog is diagnosed with cancer since wednesday, so there's a big chance that some days between 20:00 and 21:00 I have to walk him, takes about 15 minutes, I want to spend more time with him before he, you know.. goes.

We require the use of full consumables for every raid, is this going to be a problem for you?
No problem at all.

List your gaming machines technical specs and lowest fps during raids:
I have a Alienware Area 51, wich is customized. Using 2x nVidia GeForce 8800GT, drivers are up to date (512MB per card). 4GB DDR2 RAM, AMD Phenom 2.0GHz Quad-core.
Never really checked my FPS during raids, tend to focus more on killing then my system, but I haven't seen my FPS drop below 40FPS on Ultra quality, windowed mode.

Do you have a stable internet connection?
20mbps, using cable, so yes.

What do you expect from us?
Not much, maybe some social skills so I don't have to talk to myself, and the rest is on my count.

Anything else you would like us to know:
Well, Toushè (Rulatoren) pretty much obligated me to apply, if it wasn't for him, I'd probably be building up Vendetta, but he's probably my best in-game buddy, and I haven't raided with him for a while, and I've got to say, I miss him, so... This one's for you Rula <3

Regards,

Plompy.

Plompy

Back to top Go down

(Acceped)Level 80 mage Empty Re: (Acceped)Level 80 mage

Post  hèx Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:37 pm

Welcome to the forums mate, and this is an exellent apply. The officers will have theire talk.

We will come back to you asap.

hèx

Back to top Go down