Akatzi
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Accepted)Holy pala (rundetrunte)

3 posters

Go down

(Accepted)Holy pala (rundetrunte) Empty (Accepted)Holy pala (rundetrunte)

Post  Rundetrunte Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:04 am

IRL information:

Name: Tim
Current occupation: Study

Anything else you want us to know about yourself:

Character(s) information:

Name: Rundetrunte
Race: Belf
Class: paladin
Professions: Bs / Jc (both around 400.. just enough for the bonus)

Current realm: Ravencrest
Current guild: none

Primary raiding spec: Holy
Offspec, if any:
/played:
52 days, 23 hours
Armory:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ravencrest&n=Rundetrunte
Any additional information you wish to share about this character:
used to be alliance
Any relevant information about your alts:
80 mage, 78 dk.. but both alliance
Guild History and other information:
been in a few good guild as alliance, on ravencrest
Tell us about your Guild and WoW history. (when did you start playing, any significant breaks etc)
a 3-4 years.. not sure tho . stopped raiding just before ulduar came out, and focused on alts.
Tell us about your raid experience.
up to totc25 5/5 , but only few bosses in ulduar.
The hardest encounter you have beaten is:
hmm .. not sure. most bosses are easy if you just know tacs. and follow them.
What is the most useless and most useful talent or skill your class has and why?
beacon, and Hs + FoL combo... Most dmg and tanking spells is useless for me.
Any important addons you use for raiding?
dbm, pallypower, recount, omen, xpearl, decursive, and a few others for visuals.

We raid Wednesday- Thursday- Sunday and Tuesday 19:30-24:00 server time. We need to know if you can make every raid. If not, please specify: np ill be there.

We require the use of full consumables for every raid, is this going to be a problem for you? not at all

List your gaming machines technical specs and lowest fps during raids:
30-40 fps in 25man raids
Do you have a stable internet connection?
yes
What do you expect from us?
lots of raiding and fun
Anything else you would like us to know: you can ask Merlin, in your guild, if you like to know about my skills from another source than me. he's an irl friend of mine

Rundetrunte

Back to top Go down

(Accepted)Holy pala (rundetrunte) Empty Re: (Accepted)Holy pala (rundetrunte)

Post  phoeenix Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:15 am

note; "Im not an officer everything i write here is my own perception".

first of all, even though there is a general template to fill in when doing applications, you could have tried to make yours a bit more interesting to read. For me it looks like you spend 3 minutes filling in as few words as possibly needed to answer the questions.

Also please remember that the application is the first view of the person from a guilds side. Making your application interesting and atleast reading it through after writing it to clear of misspelling and the like, help show that you are genuinly interested in this specific guild.

You say you been in a few good alliance guild but you dont say which specific. Also it would be interesting to know why you are not in them anymore.

About your answer to the "What is the most useless and most useful talent or skill your class has and why?" question.
This question i suppose is meant for you to share with us that you have some insight in how your class works. What is it that makes it strong and in what particular situations your current spec will shine. Simply typing HoL / FoL combo is like a rogue saying sinister strike spamming, it means nothing.

Final note. You have not cleared a single hardmode encounter in the game and you are applying to a guild that has hardmodes as official target. I must admit i think you might not have the experience needed.

All in all a very poor application that looks like you used 3 min to do it and dont REALLY want to join the guild

/Phoeenix - Holy Paladin

phoeenix

Back to top Go down

Post  hèx Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:36 pm

Hello, and welcome to the forums. The apply was alittle short. And you might want to add some stuff.

I'll have a talk with Merlin and get back to you.

hèx

Back to top Go down

Post  Rundetrunte Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:01 pm

Hey. Yes i know.. i did put some effort in it the first time, and it took me around 30 min. but then my browser shut down for some reason :s I got a bit pissed and was tired, so i did actually do it in 3 min or so.
sorry about that.
hope you will give me a chance anyway Smile

Rundetrunte

Back to top Go down

(Accepted)Holy pala (rundetrunte) Empty Re: Holy pala (rundetrunte)

Post  Rundetrunte Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:27 pm

You say you been in a few good alliance guild but you dont say which specific. Also it would be interesting to know why you are not in them anymore.
Cant remember the names of the guilds.

One of them emerged with another guild. I was offered a spot, but at the time I didnt feel like raiding all the time. (had a job back then, working nights)
got in another one. cant remember the name, but used to be a great one on alliance side, but decided to change to horde, so that i could play the game with some irl friends to.

About your answer to the "What is the most useless and most useful talent or skill your class has and why?" question.
This question i suppose is meant for you to share with us that you have some insight in how your class works. What is it that makes it strong and in what particular situations your current spec will shine. Simply typing HoL / FoL combo is like a rogue saying sinister strike spamming, it means nothing.

Okay. I mostly use FoL spamming with beacon on tank. trow in a HS if needed. should the tank take extra dmg so that FoL cant keep up, I spam HL a few times, and that normally does the job. If healing 2 tanks, i would keep HoT up on both, at all time, and shield on the one taking the most dmg.
I dont know what more to say. holy pala spells is not that comblicated. its the timing that needs to be right.

Final note. You have not cleared a single hardmode encounter in the game and you are applying to a guild that has hardmodes as official target. I must admit i think you might not have the experience needed.
as I mentioned, I stopped raiding around when Ulduar came. Thats the reason why i havent done any Hm. and yes i could just do it now, but do you know how hard it is to get a group to any raid, without achievments ? also, since i could get better gear from emblems and totc, I just choose to skip ulduar.
I havent done Togc yet, since i dont have a guild atm, and you cant pug togc without achievments.
Anyway. You gotta start somewhere...

And about my spelling.... Im from Denmark, and I dont speak perfectly english. not saying sorry about that.

But thanks for the reply. I will keep what you said in mind.

Rundetrunte

Back to top Go down

Post  hèx Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:11 pm

Whisper a officer ingame for a trail Smile

hèx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down